Business Structuring & Setup
Setting up your business in India can be a complicated process
Based on business objectives, Brivan will navigate the complex processes to advise you on the optimised Entry Strategy.
Constraints organizations usually face are
Insufficient knowledge of compliances
Lack of expertise
No guidance for licences
Business Structuring & Setup
Identifying the most appropriate business structure and acquiring the required documents for legally-compliant operations.
- Indian Subsidiary
- Branch/Liaison/Project Office
- Private Limited Company
- Public Limited Company
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- One Person Company
- Section 8 Company
Adhering to norms and regulations to ensure smooth operations and boost stakeholder confidence.
- Income Tax Return
- TDS Return
- GST Return
- Partnership Compliance
- Proprietorship Compliance
- LLP Compliance
- Private Limited Compliance
- ROC Filing
Benefits You Get with Us
Get quantifiable results with our team that has helped over five thousand businesses set up and expand their presence in the Indian markets. We have worked with companies of various sizes and domains, adding great value to their businesses.
Worked in 20+ Industries
Get tailor-made services from professionals that have worked in multiple industries. Our team understands and caters to your business’ varied needs and demands. We have developed the capability and expertise to provide solutions that will help you scale.
Work with a top-quality team that has been recognised and appreciated for its work. We have always been committed to providing best-in-class services and aiding our clients’ growth process.
Access a plethora of services that will help you in your business setup and make it fully operational. You can get essential business services from experts under one roof to focus on growth.
Remain in control of your business with real-time information from our team. All work done by our team is under your supervision, and we emphasize establishing proper communication channels to help you meet your goals.
Dedicated Relationship Managers
Get a dedicated relationship manager that ensures that our business structuring and setup services are customised to align with your expectations. The managers are regularly in touch with you and adept at finding the most viable solutions.
Transparency in Services
Drive organisation-wide productivity with our regular reporting that ensures a transparent environment for carrying out tasks. We consistently incorporate your feedback and share the status of ongoing projects so that you remain in the driver’s seat.
We trust in the latest tools & technology
to provide global connectivity, and immersive access to real-time data and updates for our clients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are ways that a foreign company can run a business in India?
A foreign company can register under the Companies Act, 2013 to start a business in any of below given ways:
- Branch office: A branch office is established by a foreign company in India. Foreign companies must be large businesses and provide proof of profitability.
- Liaison office: A liaison office can be established for all liaison activities in India. All the expenses of the liaison office must be met through foreign remittance from the parent company.
- Project office: This office can be established to execute projects awarded to a foreign company by an Indian Company. Approval from the Reserve Bank of India may be required.
Starting a private limited company is the fastest way to set up in India. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) of up to 100 per cent into a public limited or private limited is permitted under the FDI policy.
Is the Reserve Bank of India is also involved in registering the business of a foreign company in India?
Yes, as generally remittance of foreign currency is involved, the Reserve Bank of India regulates them through Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy, Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999 etc.
How does one register a Foreign Company in India?
Registration or incorporation is needed for any way of doing business in India by a foreign company as a Branch Office/Liaison Office/Project Office. Professionals are recommended to be involved in this matter as there are various important aspects which are kept in mind while starting the business. They will explain all the pros and cons of how to enter India and which mode is more beneficial for different types of business.
What are the laws/statutes governing the is foreign companies in India?
Depending upon your business entity set up, The Companies, Act, 2013 and its related rules, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy, and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999 govern the foreign company business in India.
What are the compliances related to a foreign company in India after its Incorporation?
- Joint Venture:
- Conditions upon which RBI or FIPB (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) approval is given.
- Abiding by conditions and clauses which are stated under the joint venture.
- Annual Compliances under GST Act Tax filing under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Laison Office/Project Office/Branch Office:
- Filing of E-form FC-1 to the Registrar of Companies within thirty (30) days from starting a business or establishing an office in India.
- Filing of E-form FC-3 is to be completed for annual accounts along with the list of all principal places of business in India established by foreign companies.
- Filing of E-form FC-4 for the annual return of a foreign company. Branch offices/Liaison offices have to file Annual Activity Certificates (AAC) and annual returns on foreign liabilities and assets have been notified under FEMA 1999 Annual Compliances under GST Act Tax filing under the Income Tax Act, 1961
What is the penalty for non-compliance by a foreign company if it fails to file the forms required to file?
- Depending upon the non-compliance and its related penal provision, penalty, fine or other fees are levied upon the foreign company.
Other Business Setup & Compliance Services
Learn more about us
We cater to verticals such as consulting, business setup and compliance, staffing, investments and outsourcing.
Our industry experts provide customised solutions to meet a company’s specific needs.
Brivan Consultants is a one-stop professional financial consulting and management firm.
On solving for tomorrow, today.